POLICY FOR SUPPLY & DISPENSING OF PRACTITIONER ONLY PRODUCTS
Dispensing of Brauer Professional practitioner only products is restricted to healthcare professionals. Applies to the following ranges:
• Heel (excluding Traumeel)
• Brauer Professional
• Medicine Tree
Dispensing of Brauer Professional practitioner only products is restricted to fully qualified healthcare practitioners, or registered and practicing professionals.
According to section 42AA (appendix 9) of the Therapeutic Goods Act a voluntary restriction of supply aims to ensure only those health professionals with the training and experience in ingestible medicine modalities are supplied Practitioner Only products.
The TGA recognises the following healthcare practitioners:
1.Medical practitioners, psychologists, dentists, pharmacists, optometrists, chiropractors, physiotherapists, nurses, midwives, dental hygienists, dental prosthetists, dental therapists or osteopaths; or
2.Herbalists, homoeopathic practitioners, naturopaths, nutritionists, practitioners of traditional Chinese medicine or podiatrists registered under a law or territory.
Qualified Health Professionals:
bWellness products may be dispensed by healthcare professionals who are:
1. Qualified with (accredited) training and experience in ingestible medicinesand or registered.
2. Accredited with a relevant and recognised professional association.
3. Prescribe only after performing a professional health assessment which includes the creation and maintenance of patient recordsin accordance to the ethics and professional standards to which the individual Health Professional is bound.
4. Students – students in their final year/s (third and fourth year of study), studying a recognised professional healthcare educational program, may purchase products for educational and/or personal use. Students in their final year/s (third and fourth year of study), are able to dispense products if they are under the supervision of an educational facility or working under the supervision of a fully qualified practitioner
CONDITIONS OF SUPPLY
1. Display of Brauer Professional products in store – Strictly no public access
The Brauer Professional range should not be accessible in any retail consumer outlet. All products must be kept ‘behind the counter’ and out of reach from the consumer. Refrigerated products may be stored in an accessible retail fridge provided that the designated area is clearly labelled for practitioner dispensing only.
2. Display of Brauer Professional products on the internet to consumers :
Each product image or description must be accompanied by the following statement: ‘This is a ‘Practitioner Only’ product and can only be prescribed following a professional assessment with a qualified healthcare professional.’
3. Discontinuation of supply
Brauer Professional reserves the right to discontinue supply to any customer that does not comply with the abovementioned supply condition.
Brauer Professional reserves the right to grant, restrict or review the supply of our Practitioner Only range on a case by case basis, in line with the above criteria.
Brauer Professional is committed to practitioners being at the forefront of integrative healthcare by providing innovative, premium quality, Practitioner Only natural medicines. Any breaches in this policy can be reported to Brauer Professional on 1300 551 077.
For further enquires on the Brauer Professional policy for supply of Practitioner Only products, please contact Brauer Professional on 1300 551 077.
For advice and support in prescribing Brauer Professional products, we have a dedicated practitioner assistance line to help you best care for your clients. Please contact us on 1300 551 077 if you require assistance.